Saturday, September 12, 2009

packing. already.

started packing today, even though i still have 11 days. 11 days! everything's happening too fast. i've never done this before; what the hell am i supposed to bring? probably have enough money saved to live in london for a few weeks and squander in london for the other seven. free crackers and ketchup packets and water from drinking fountains! learning all the offensive words to say and the ones not to say and trying really hard to figure out the goddam coins. and by the time i'm accustomed enough to comprehend a word anybody says, it'll be time to go home and hear 'chicaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaago' again.
just showed my dad how the coins work. his reply? 'that's so stupid. so stupid.'

'Her name sprang to my lips at moments in strange prayers and praises which I myself did not understand. My eyes were often full of tears (I could not tell why) and at times a flood from my heart seemed to pour itself out into my bosom. I thought little of the future. I did not know whether I would ever speak to her or not or, if I spoke to her, how I could tell her of my confused adoration.'
-jj

No comments:

Post a Comment